[sane-devel] sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #569 - 9 msgs

Martin Motovsky mmotovsk@gnome.sk
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:34:30 +0100

Hello Dave,

 > ... do you use JNI to communicate with sane, or is Morena pure java
 > (not sure how it could be, but I thought I'd ask)?

In case of SANE, Morena is pure Java. In case of Twain, it is necessary
to use jni library.

 >  Will Morena 6.2 be free software?

Morena  has free of charge educational and personal licenses. In other
situations customers need to buy a commercial license.

 >  If I use Twain rather than Sane, do I still need Sane installed?

No.

 >  If it's not free, how much does it cost?  :)

- Educational and personal home license is free of charge.
- One binary commercial license costs 345 Euro.
- Source code license costs 3450 Euro.

Customers can include Morena Framework to the unlimited number of their
applications (applets too) and distribute it to the unlimited number of
customers.

Best regards,
Martin Motovsky