[sane-devel] Re: Error during device I/O

t takahashi gambarimasu+spamsucks@gmail.com
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:44:24 -0700

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:31:21 +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz
<henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> Ugly workaround: use a script that calls scanimage in a loop with a
> "sleep 10" (or similar) after each run.

Assuming that the timing hypothesis is true, then I could try that, if
I could get hands-free operation with it.

Do you mean after each page in the ADF?  Are you saying run like this?

        while adf-is-full-p
        do
                scanimage ... --batch-count 1 ... > ...
        done

If so, what would I use to determine whether the adf is full?  The
scanimage man page says nothing about exit codes and I can't be around
to control-C the script when it is done.

Thanks for the idea.