[sane-devel] [RFC][PATCHES] adding MD5345/MD6471 to genesys backend
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:06:13 +0100
here are as set of patches that add the MEDION MD5345/MD6228/MD6471
to the experimental genesys backend.
The first patch adds on ly the new model so that it can be
I think it is OK to check in, but I'd wish other people working on the
genesys backend to have a look first.
The second http://perso.wanadoo.fr/septieme/MD6471/01_misc_fixes.patch
contains would be fixes in registers init:
- memset regs so that we are sure that unset registers are zeroed
- disable gamma in R05, since we don't use it yet
- init R06
adds a Genesy_Gpo struct to manage GPO differences between models, in the same
way that Genesys_Sensor does for sensor.
BTW, I have a few questions to ask:
- does writting 0x00 to R0e is enough to reset the ASIC ? The MD6471
driver writes 0x01.
- as anyone allready thought of how to handle the differences between
the motors ?
- and last, what is the start point for y_offset_calib and
x_offset_mark ? I disassembled the scanner and I know where
they are placed, but I need to translate it into useful values.