[sane-devel] Re: strange problems LIDE30

Chris McKeever Chris McKeever <techjedi@gmail.com>
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:10:12 -0500

well - did some more testing - downgraded the RH 7.3 box to SANE
1.0.13 - same delay in in starting the scan (+2 min. @ 600 DPI).. I
think tried it on a slightly more powerful CPU and had the same
result.  This is leaning me towards that the 2.6 kernel with its
implemenation of LIBUSB works a lot better - I am going to give SuSE
9.1 a shot in a little and see if results are coincide with MANDRAKE
tests earlier

can anyone confirm that LIBUSB implementation would create this type of result?