[sane-devel] Translation

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 00:57:35 +0200

Mogens Jaeger wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been working on the Danish translation of Sane-backends-1.0.15 -
> from cvs.
>
> I don't understand the meaning of:
>
> Red-gain value of the AFE
>
> This AFE - is it a professional term that's not needed to translate, or????

AFE means analog front-end.

This is an electronic circuit that processes the analog signals from
the CCD. The AFE chip that I have some knowledge about, contains an
amplifier for each color channel that can be configured in coarse steps.
It is used to make the dynamic range of the CCD signal roughly equal
(but slightly lower) than the dynamic range of the A/D converter
(hope this still makes sense)
The gain of the amplifier for the red color channel is probably what is
meant here.

I don't know how to translate it. I think it's a very technical term
that end users probably should not even need to know about.

Regards,
Bertrik