[sane-devel] I have the Epson Perfection 2480 and 2580 for testing

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:03:14 +0200

Thank you for the links. The Windows driver packages and so the firmware
files are absolutely the same for both the 2480 and the 2580 scanners.
Unfortunately, both scanners do not work.

I have specified the firmware file in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf and
"scanimage -L" confirms that "snapscan" is the driver in use for both
models. I am using sane-backends 1.15-pre1.

To get a debug log I executed

SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage > 1.pnm 2> eps2580debug.log

The log files are

http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/eps2480debug.log
http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/eps2580debug.log

    Till