[sane-devel] genesys backend - warming up procedure

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:46:29 +0200

On Mittwoch 27 Oktober 2004 16:01, Artur Pierscinski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have question about warming up procedure in genesys backend (scaner:
> Plustek ST24).
>
> How is proper range of readed values from scaner sensor during warming
> up the lamp procedure?
> It seems for me like a 12-bits (sensor), with set other (higher) bit set.
> So, calculated average values are about 9600, which in my case
> newer pass warming loop exit:
>
>       if (second_average > (110 * 256) && (((double) difference) /
> second_average) < 0.002)
>         {
>           DBG (DBG_info, "genesys_warmup_lamp: warmup succeeded after %d
> seconds\n",
>                seconds);
>           break;
>          }
>
> Multiply  second_average by 3 in above condition will satisfied it,
> and warming up lamp ends with success.
> Is those belongs only to  my scanner or happed on others to?

Hi,

I've done some tests here with the ST24 and rewrote some parts of
the code, that the warmup and calibration stuff gets passed on it.
The major problem of the current genesys code is, that it is tied to
a UMAX device. All the settings specific to CCD and DAC (and motor)
are only valid for this scanner. This needs to be tweaked. I did this
here, but the code is not available so far ....

Gerhard