[sane-devel] saned array memory limit

Sat, 30 Oct 2004 18:07:31 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 10:43:18AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hmm, iscan still uses the build infra-structure (Makefile.in etc) from
> sane-backends, but in my free time I've switched it over to use
> automake (and I'm trying to get it included in our official releases).
>
> Maybe, just maybe, I could see if generalising to multiple backends is
> feasible.  Let me know if you're interested.

Yes, I am. If that's feasable, it would really make development of
multi-file backends easier. I really hate to always do "touch
backend/gt68xx.c" after a change in one of those other gt68xx files.

I'm rather clueless about automake and/or depend files so if anyone
has more experience with this topic please go ahead and tell us what
the easiest solution is.

> BTW, I'll also try to update epkowa.desc before sane-backends-1.0.15
> comes out.

That would be good. On the other hand that file can be changed at any
time as the external backends list is updated immediately and not only
at releases.

Bye,
  henning