[sane-devel] Win32 port (try 2)

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:25:56 +0200

Hi,

On Monday 06 September 2004 15:43, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems there was a problem with my last mail, so here it is again.
>
> A colleague of mine, Philippe Couspeyre, and I (but mostly Philippe)
> ported sane (and the net back-end, notably) to Win32 natively, using
> winsock, to avoid a dependency on cygwin for JNI. This is, as far as I
> know, Philippe's first free software contribution :)
>
> Here's a diff against a post-configured sane 1.0.14, gzipped because I
> noticed it was quite large.
>
> Sorry it's not cleaner, but our priority was to get something working,
> so it's not even certain that the same sources will compile on *nix. We
> did try to group win32 specific changes together to minimise #ifdefs,
> though.

while having a closer look to that patch, I'd say that it is more or less
useless for integration - sorry.
A patch that will make sane compilation work on a Win32 box natively should
bury all the magic within the configure stuff. A post-configured sane diff
is not what we can integrate.
Ain't it possible to cleanup this patch?

Ciao,
  Gerhard