[sane-devel] Win32 port (try 2)

Dave Neary david@phenix.fr
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:58:52 +0200

Hi Gerhard,

Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> On Monday 06 September 2004 15:43, Dave Neary wrote:
>>Here's a diff against a post-configured sane 1.0.14, gzipped because I
>>noticed it was quite large.
>
> while having a closer look to that patch, I'd say that it is more or less
> useless for integration - sorry.
> A patch that will make sane compilation work on a Win32 box natively should
> bury all the magic within the configure stuff. A post-configured sane diff
> is not what we can integrate.
> Ain't it possible to cleanup this patch?

If we get time after this project is shipped, then sure, I'll have a go.
  However, I felt it was important to at least have the changed source
files out there before we started using this with a client. Not just
because of a responsibility, but also because we are hoping these
changes will be part of 1.0.15 when it comes out.

I don't have automake and autoconf working properly on my windows box,
though, so it's unlikely that matches will be to Makefile.ams or
configure.in... I hope that would be OK.

In the meantime, there are only 2 or 3 edits we had to do to Makefiles -
you can more or less ignore most of the diff to the configure output,
the interesting diffs are in the resulting Makefiles.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary