[sane-devel] Re: Re: Re: problem with umax_pp

stef svoltz@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:58:02 +0200

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 07:00:21PM +0200, stef wrote:

> 	There are some things to test in such a case.
> 	- run the umax_pp tool in single user mode so that we get sure some
> 	daemon isn't perturbing the scans
> 	- use direct hardware access (provide -a 0x378 option to umax_pp). I
> 	have grown the feeling that the linux parallel port support is faulty
> 	on some recent motherboards
> 	- try to set ECP+EPP in BIOS
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef
>
> --

	Hum,

	forgot to mention that when you got those 0xF8, 0xD8 or 0xC8 instead
of something errors, you have to reset the scanner by:
	- powering it off
	- unplug parallel port cable
	- plug parallel port cable
	- powering on the scanner

	If you have a printter attached to the pass-through port, you must
power it off befor doing the reset.

Regards,
	Stef