[sane-devel] Multiple SANE installs ...

Adam Bogacki afb@paradise.net.nz
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:46:38 +1200

You were right.

>On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 09:37:34PM +1200, Adam Bogacki wrote:
>

>>> Henning, I'm an admirer of 'sane-troubleshoot'.
>>>
>>> Working through it helped me isolate and work through problems
>>> to the point where sane-find-scanner and scanimage -L
>>> work - as root and user - and I can 'scanimage>image.pnm'
>>> successfully ... but xsane tells me 'no devices available'.
>>

>Probably beacuse youhave two installations of SANE on your system. One
>is used by xsane and one by scanimage.

Following sane-faq (5.6) I find

Tux:~# find /usr /etc -name dll.conf -print
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf
/usr/lib/sane/dll.conf
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf
Tux:~#

I removed the first two 'dll.conf's but xsane still tells me "no devices
available".
I'll have to see what happens on reboot.

As far as using the latest backend, I'll persist with what I've got for
the moment
rather than complicating things.

Adam Bogacki
afb@paradise.net.nz