[sane-devel] Sane & calibration: help needed!

NM Lists mlists@paris.monnet.biz
Sat, 09 Apr 2005 01:54:46 +0200

Hi all,

When I scan through sane+xsane, the images on my Canon Lide20 show a
calibration problem; the left side of the image is much clearer than the
right side. However, with the Canon drivers on Windows, after having hit
the "calibrate" button, said driver performs corrections so that such
artifacts disappear.

Here's an example, a scan of a plain grid paper with some handwriting on
it:

Windows driver: http://maman.monnet.biz/~nico/xsane/Scan1.JPG
Sane (xsane through gimp):
http://maman.monnet.biz/~nico/xsane/result_xsane.jpg

I looked hard but could'nt find a way to get sane to calibrate; as far
as I can tell, "calibration" in the config files refer merely to
page-wide adjustments (gamma, contrast, luminosity ..). In this case, it
needs to be done on a pixel column basis.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks a lot!