[sane-devel] Umax Astranet ia101

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:34:39 +0200

On Friday 15 April 2005 21:12, Union wrote:
> Well, strange thing now...
>
> I emerged stable version of sane-backend 1.0.15 (the same I have before),
> and so for everything is working fine (with 14 and 8 bit depth) and with
> scanning resolution 300 and 600.
>
> One thing I could think of that make the difference is that I had
>
> [usb]
> usb 0x1606 0x0060
>
> written in original plustek.conf and now I don't have it. (I wrote that,
> beacuse I follow howto from Gentoo forums).

This should not make any difference. The major difference is the
resolution you're working with! The preview does a scan at 75dpi and
therefore the motor-settings are different from the 300dpi settings.
I'm pretty sure, that the preview will give you the whining noise...

Anyway, I'll crosscheck that here again.

Ciao,
Gerhard