[sane-devel] Need recomendation linux/sane compat scanner w/fast 2bit/greyscale ADF
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:54:40 -0400
I'm looking for an ADF-capable scanner to do fast scanning. Has anyone got
recommendations for models that meet most of the following criteria?
- 1-bit and greyscale modes are the only ones that matter here
- 300 dpi, and able to do 300dpi at high speed
- ADF (or ADF option) that has good paper-feed reliability
- ADF with at least 50 sheet capacity
- USB 2.0 or Firewire interface, preferred over SCSI-only units
- Linux SANE compatibility exists today.
- Limited feature/modes support OK, only need the 300dpi bw,grey
Hoping for something in the $400-$900 range (new, including ADF),
depending on how fast it is for this type of scanning.
I would also try a good used model if recommended, but most well-supported
older ones seem to be SCSI units.
Thanks if anyone has any recommendations.