[sane-devel] Error initializing hp7400c.

Erik P. Olsen erik@epo.dk
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:39:11 +0200

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 19:49 +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>
> > I am running the avision backend version 1.0.15 on FC3 and have
> > constantly problems initializing this scanner. Attached debug.log1 shows
> > the situation when the scanner hasn't been in use for hours and
> > therefore needs initializing and to eliminate other types of errors it
> > is taken imediately after a reboot. Attached debug.log2 shows a correct
> > scan taken shortly after the scan where it failed the initializing
> > phase. So apparently the initializing *is* performed correctly but it
> > fails going from initializing to scanning.
>
> Initialization problems after power saving mode are know for this
> scanner. I would be happy if you could try to narrow the problem down.
> E.g. by playing with what packet is sent to the scanner first.

I would happily do that if I just knew how to.

> Alternatively you could take a look with usbsnoop if the windows driver
> does something to properly reset the scanner when it decided to enter
> power-down mode ...

I shall see what I can do. I don't have it running under Windows, only
under OS/2, but if there is a usb-sniffer for OS/2 I'll try.

--
Regards,
Erik P. Olsen