[sane-devel] Epson 2480 Transparency Unit - I give up

Ken Ramey ramey.ken at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 03:42:57 UTC 2005

After several days of working on this problem, it seems obvious that
the sane package will not support the transparency unit on the Epson
2480.  After working for two days with the latest sane-backends
package (1.0.16) and having more problems than with the older version,
I have dropped back down to 1.0.15.  This has not solved my problems
with the color banding on slide scans, but at least it works again for
flatbed sources.  Now I just have to decide whether to buy a machine
to use as a dedicated scan server (Windows... Yecchhh) or buy a film
scanner that is known to work on Linux (lots of money).

Good luck to anyone else trying to get this combination to work.

ken