[sane-devel] HP scanjet 4370

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Aug 15 19:18:26 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 09:01:11PM +0200, serja wrote:
> I've downloaded some tools and tried out the SniffUSB. The log file I've got
> after scanning was incredible big (65 - 110 mb),

Often big files are created by continous probes for buttons.

How big was the scan you did? Usually you should start with something
smal,, e.g. 1cm X 1cm at 100 dpi gray mode.

> so I have no idea what to do with it or how to show it to the
> developers.

Well, first it's up to you to find out how the protocol works and to
write a backend based on that knowledge.

If you want to show it to someone else, pack it with gzip and put it
on a website.

> I've also created a small log
> file simply repluging the scanner via software mod of SniffUSB, but I doubt
> it include some useful information, but here it is:

This contains just the receiving of the USB descriptors.

Have a look at the USB specification to understand what's actually
going on.