[sane-devel] Epson backend: Missing scanners in epson.desc

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Dec 10 16:45:34 UTC 2005

Hello developers,

Some scanners have been reported to work with the epson backend on
this list or in bug reports but epson.desc was never updated.
Therefore the scanners are still not listed as supported on our
website. I tried to contact the maintainer of the epson backend twice
but haven't seen any answer or reaction. That's why I'm sending this
to the list.

Karl-Heinz, if you read this, could you add the scanners to epson.desc
if you think it's ok?

Epson CX 4200:
Added to the backend but not to epson.desc 2005-12-04

Epson Stylus DX3850
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-October/015133.html
(and also the other acrticles in that thread).
What about the  CX3700 und CX3800? They are told to have the same
product id.

AcuLaser CX11NF
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-November/015294.html
CX11 should also work.

Epson ES-300GS
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=300682&group_id=30186&atid=410366

There also quite some open bug reports concerning the epson backend on
the alioth bug tracker:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30186&atid=410366
(Select backend maintainer name to get only our bugs).