[sane-devel] Epson backend: Missing scanners in epson.desc

russbucket russbucket at nwi.net
Sat Dec 10 17:27:24 UTC 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 08:45, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hello developers,
>
> Some scanners have been reported to work with the epson backend on
> this list or in bug reports but epson.desc was never updated.
> Therefore the scanners are still not listed as supported on our
> website. I tried to contact the maintainer of the epson backend twice
> but haven't seen any answer or reaction. That's why I'm sending this
> to the list.
>
> Karl-Heinz, if you read this, could you add the scanners to epson.desc
> if you think it's ok?
>
> Epson CX 4200:
> Added to the backend but not to epson.desc 2005-12-04
>
> Epson Stylus DX3850
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-October/015133.htm
>l (and also the other acrticles in that thread).
> What about the  CX3700 und CX3800? They are told to have the same
> product id.
>
> AcuLaser CX11NF
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-November/015294.ht
>ml CX11 should also work.
>
> Epson ES-300GS
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=300682&group_id
>=30186&atid=410366
>
> There also quite some open bug reports concerning the epson backend on
> the alioth bug tracker:
> https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=30186&atid=410366
> (Select backend maintainer name to get only our bugs).
>
> Bye,
>   Henning
How about the Epson CX6600? I have it working with xsane and Kooka but not
with iscan. I really don't need iscan so I have not tried to get it working
since inital try in SuSE 10.0. It worked in 9.1.

The other problem I've seen in your external def' for the CX6600 is the device
codes. You list 04b8:.805, lsusb and sane-find-scanner list:

lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b8:0813 Seiko Epson Corp.
sane-find-scanner:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0813 [USB2.0 MFP]) at
libusb:001:002

scanimage -L
device `epson:libusb:001:002' is a Epson Unknown model flatbed scanner

I added this to libsane.usermap but it still does not show the scanner name in
scanimage.
# Epson Corp.|Stylus CX6600
libusbscanner             0x0003      0x04b8   0x0813    0x0000       0x0000
0x00         0x00
I must be missing something?

Be nice if this could be added also.
Thanks!