[sane-devel] Re: Patch for HP8200C scanner support in avision.c

sane at grafcomputer.de sane at grafcomputer.de
Fri Dec 30 20:39:25 UTC 2005

I made the same experience (using build 182 and older versions) with our
new scanjet 8290.

If there is no non ADF scan after power on an ADF scan always fails.
If so 'Error 15' is displayed at the scanners LCT and the 8290 is not
available anymore.

Obviously the ADF get's somewhat initialized at the end of the first non
ADF scan (noticable via a extra ADF 'motor noise').
This happenes only after the first non-ADF scan.

Then all subsequent ADF scans are working fine.

I am using the SCSI interface because I had USB stability problems
during scanning on SuSE 9.3.
Just tested: these problems seem to be gone with SuSE 10.0.

If I can help (e.g. testing) just let me know.

Regards
Guenter Graf