[sane-devel] Update Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II status to "supported"

Anderson Lizardo andersonlizardo@yahoo.com.br
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:31:59 -0400

--Boundary-00=_vN+DCTehZYsfAHT

Hi,

Some days ago I've released the first version of the SANE backend for the
Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II scanner (geniusvp2). The backend is available
at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geniusvp2/

So can some SANE developer update its status? The .desc file is attached.

For now I'd like to keep the backend external because there are some issues to
fix (like the filename reorganization to get rid of the geniusvp2-misc.c
file). Also the backend is currently Linux-only because it uses ppdev
directly instead of libieee1284. Therefore I'd like to make it more portable
before asking for SANE addition.

Thanks,
--
Anderson Lizardo

--Boundary-00=_vN+DCTehZYsfAHT

;
; SANE Backend specification file
;

:backend "geniusvp2"              ; backend's name
;:version "0.2"                    ; backend's version (or "unmaintained")
;:manpage "sane-geniusvp2"         ; manpage name
:url "http://sourceforge.net/projects/geniusvp2/" ; backend's web page
:comment "Supports color mode, bit depth of 8, 75-600 dpi resolution"
                                  ; comment about the backend

:devicetype :scanner              ; start of a list of devices....

:mfg "Genius"                     ; name a manufacturer
:url "http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/"  ; manufacturer's URL

:model "ColorPage-Vivid Pro II"   ; name models for above-specified mfg.
:status :basic                    ; :minimal, :basic, :good, :complete
                                  ; :untested, or :unsupported
:interface "Parport (EPP)"        ; interface type of the device:
                                  ; "SCSI", "USB", "Parport (EPP)",
                                  ; "Parport (SPP)", "Parport (ECP)",
                                  ; "Serial port", "IEEE-1394", "JetDirect",
                                  ; or "Proprietary".
:comment "Similar to Primax Colorado Direct 9600, but with EICI 091000 ASIC"
                                  ; comment about the model

--Boundary-00=_vN+DCTehZYsfAHT--