[sane-devel] Update Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II status to "supported"

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:14:51 +0100

Hi Anderson,

On Monday 14 February 2005 00:31, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some days ago I've released the first version of the SANE backend for the
> Genius ColorPage-Vivid Pro II scanner (geniusvp2). The backend is available
> at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geniusvp2/
>
> So can some SANE developer update its status? The .desc file is attached.

Okay - added with one small change:
http://www.geniusnet.com.tw/ --> http://www.genius-kye.com

> For now I'd like to keep the backend external because there are some issues to
> fix (like the filename reorganization to get rid of the geniusvp2-misc.c
> file). Also the backend is currently Linux-only because it uses ppdev
> directly instead of libieee1284. Therefore I'd like to make it more portable
> before asking for SANE addition.

You might have a look at the sanei_pp library, which is supposed to be used for
parallel-port devices. Currently only the plustek_pp backend uses it, maybe you
find it useful.

Ciao,
Gerhard