[sane-devel] Best choice for an ADF

Seb seb@h-k.fr
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:27:31 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I need to buy an ADF-capable scanner; I guess not all models are fully
supported, so a tip would be much appreciated.

Its work will be to scan batches of up to 30 pages in color, 300 dpi,
from the command line only (Debian, USB). I have used a HP 6300C for
this job for quite some time but it is now broken.

HP's 7450C looks like a good replacement, but support for the ADF is not
clearly mentionned on the web site. I could not find a related thread in
the archives as well (I checked the last six months).

Would you recommend it for the job?

Would another model fit the job better (or cheaper) ?

(As my previous post shows, I have tried the Epson 3170 but unless the
options problem can be solved quickly I'll just bring it back.)

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Seb.