[sane-devel] Best choice for an ADF

Jens Gulden mail@jensgulden.de
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:56:44 +0100

Hello,

Seb schrieb:
> I need to buy an ADF-capable scanner;

Some time ago I was looking for one, too, and I ended up in buying a
Fax-Copy-Scan-Printer with an ADF (originally for 'multi-page-fax'). It
is of course not a professional scanner, but fully serves my purposes,
which is scanning heaps of book pages from previously made photocopies.

I bought the "Brother MFC 3240C". Brother offers both a SANE-backend for
scanning and a LPR-driver for printing.
(http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/sane_drivers.html
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/lpr_drivers.html)
Both installed and run without any problems on Debian.
I'm using scanadf from the command line.

The price was 150,- EUR, which is far cheaper than any 'real' scanner
with an ADF, as far as I know.
This may not be helpful if you need highest optical quality, but
otherwise I can recommend using such a device.

Jens