[sane-devel] Re: HP 7450C, ...

George Garvey tmwg-sane@inxservices.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:46:56 -0800

> On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 12:01 +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > > I do not recommend the HP7450C for use with SANE.  I spent 18 months
> >
> > I have really no idea why you needed 18 months to get the scanner
> > running. With any well done distribution it should work out of the box

   You're not alone. I can't remember when I bought the 7450C, but it
has worked sometimes, and then SANE is broken, and then worked, etc.
I've never had the ADF work reliably, and that was the purpose of the
purchase.
   Rene has had problems with the ADF on this scanner for quite a while.
I've seen them on this list many, many times. Almost every time he
says, "fixed in the latest Subversion ..." (used to be CVS).
   It is free software, so that's that. But why he needed 18 months is
perfectly clear to me. He probably didn't have unending time to futz
with it. And support for it is on/off again at best. So it depends a
lot on when one tries making it work whether it will at that
particular moment or not.