[sane-devel] agfa scsi scanner not detected

renna renna.bh@katamail.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:17:30 +0100

On Saturday 26 February 2005 09:26, Ramius wrote:
> >for the scsi-controller... i'm
> >totally ignorant on what it is, wheter i have it and if yes which it is.
> > is there some way i can find out?
> >excuse my ignorance
>
> Try with
>
> # lspci -v
>
> This will list all pci devices in your system. You should report here
> only the scsi controller infos (usually "SCSI storage controller")

i actually found out i have no scsi-controller. i had attached my scanner to
the parallel port, believing it was scsi. the fact is i was used to old macs
that had scsi built-in, so i thought scsi was built in my motherboard.
but if parallel and scsi are different standards, why do they have the same
plug? and is there a way i could use my scsi scanner on my parallel port?

--
Dubitare
Disobbedire

----