[sane-devel] Mac OS X, USB HP ScanJet 3300c (niash) issues

Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:16:59 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 10:49:15AM -0700, Anthony Agelastos wrote:
> Hello all and thank you for your help. I am new to SANE, so please
> forgive me if the answers to my questions are obvious; I read as much
> documentation as I could, but still could not get it to work. I have a
> USB HP ScanJet 3300C (sane-niash) and it is not found at all by sudo
> sane-find-scanner (it says no USB scanners found).

If sane-find-scanner doesn't find a scanner as root, this usually
means it's not detected by the operating system. It's not a SANE
problem most of the time.

Maybe "sane-find-scanner -v -v" shows more details?