[sane-devel] Mac OS X, USB HP ScanJet 3300c (niash) issues

Anthony Agelastos iqgrande@asu.edu
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:49:15 -0700

Hello all and thank you for your help. I am new to SANE, so please
forgive me if the answers to my questions are obvious; I read as much
documentation as I could, but still could not get it to work. I have a
USB HP ScanJet 3300C (sane-niash) and it is not found at all by sudo
sane-find-scanner (it says no USB scanners found). Since this scanner
has no power button, to "turn it on" as sane-find-scanner wanted of me,
I unplugged it and plugged it back in, which causes the scanning lights
to illuminate.

Here are my specs:

Mac OS X 10.3.7 / 640 MB RAM / Apple's X11.app / PowerBook G4 400 MHz
(fully updated)
XCode 1.5 + X11SDK + GCC31 + November Update (fully updated)
libusb 0.1.8 (installed via DarwinPorts @ darwinports.opendarwin.org)
sane-backends 1.0.15 (./configure ; make ; sudo make install) /
sane-frontends 1.0.13 (./configure ; make ; sudo make install)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all of
your help.

Regards,

Anthony Agelastos
Graduate Research Assistant
Dept. of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Arizona State University