[sane-devel] Genesys backend status update

Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:47:40 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 07:16:44AM +0200, Stéphane VOLTZ wrote:
> 	I have commit a fix for the last known bug by adding a 60 s timer after init
> for HP2300. Now I think that this backend is ready for inclusion in regular
> CVS, see also
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-June/013769.html .
>
> 	Should I go for it, or is there any showstopper that I missed ?

I've changed two things in descriptions/genesys.desc: I used
"Medion/Lifetec/Tevion/Cytron" as manufacturer instead of just
"Medion" because that's done in all the other *.desc files that
support Medion scanners. Some of the scanners actually are sold as
"Tevion". Also I've changed the name of the HP scanner to "ScanJet
2300C" as this is the way the HP scanners are named in other backends.
Some people seem to look for "scanjet" when searching the lists.

Maybe you also want to add an URL for the backend itsself. If you
don't have a website yourself for genesys, you could point to
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/

I've also moved all unsupported scanners from
doc/descriptions-external/genesys.desc to unsupported.desc, added
links to the scanners you had already moved and added comments about
the chipsets to the remaining ones. doc/descriptions-external/genesys.desc
is removed now.

I've also committed some small typo/formatting changes to the man page.

What's your plan about the genesys backend in experimental? Should it
be stilled used for experimental changes? Otherwise I'd add a README
entry that the main CVS should be used from now on.