[sane-devel] genesys gl841

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at linux-net.dnsalias.org
Fri Jul 29 15:23:44 UTC 2005

I did some minimal work on the driver recently. My goal was to get the
scanner(canon lide35) to physically do something.
The gl841 does not understand the bulk register transfer used for gl646,
so i modified sanei_genesys_bulk_write_register to do single register
writes. After fixing gl841_init_registers and gl841_send_slope_table
(and modifying some other places) the scanner began to move its head. I
also introduced the functions gl841_bulk_write_data_gamma and
gl841_set_buffer_address_gamma, because the gamma memory is seperate
from the rest.
Although the head moves, the motor control is not complete, and scanning
 still is not working.

I attached a patch against experimental cvs for anyone interested.

pierre