[sane-devel] Scanning Time Question]]

Spiro Angeli Spiro@siriush.com
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:33:17 +0200

Hi johannes,

> > LAST QUESTION: Any time I have to submit/reply an email, I mail it, it
> > gest on hold, and then it is sent to the mailing list. Is there a way to
> > eliminate the hold process, so that when I need help, I just write to
> > sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org and it gets posted?
>
> johannes: Subscribe to the list.

I did subscribe to sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org All I do is new email
and send it to: sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Is this correct? If so, yes I am still getting the  [Your message to
sane-devel awaits moderator approval]
Please help me clarify this issue.

> I thought you were going to use SANE. Then you don't need vuescan.
So basically, SANE is the back end. Correct? Then as front end what will I
use? I believe I was referring to VueScan as front-end. Please clarify this
for me if I have a wrong understanding of SANE.

> So they're in strips? That sucks. You're in for quite a bit of strip
> changing then.
Don't mention it. I already feel like a disk-jokey. But, patience will do it.

Last, any good web resource for learning and preparing myself for scanning?
Like understanding colors saturations, etc..., besides also learning the
front end program?

Thank you a lot,
Spiro