[sane-devel] Re: sane-devel digest, Vol 1 #804 - 8 msgs

Torsten Evers tevers@onlinehome.de
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:19:29 +0200

Hi,

Am Samstag 18 Juni 2005 09:21 schrieb=20
sane-devel-request@lists.alioth.debian.org:
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0thanks for the report. So the last bug reamining is =
an
> re-initialization=3D20 problem. Since I had to give back the 2300C I
> borrowed, I need you to=3D20 send me a log file so that I can fix
> it.=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Run xscanimage from an xterm, afte=3D r=3D20
> setting debug to the max with the following commands:
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=3D3D255
> export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=3D3D255
> xscanimage 2>debug.log
>
> trigger the bug and send me the log. Sending another log with a working
> 600 dpi scan would also help.
I'm not really sure wether this is the last bug since sometimes the scanner=
=20
seems to hang even after a successfull scan. You just can't bring it back t=
o=20
life without re-plugging the scanner. And it seems I was too quick with=20
saying the 600dpi scans work :(
They do at 8 bits but not at 16. I uploaded a sample scan on my webspace (U=
RL=20
see below).
I didn't encounter this problem I had with the scan lights exceeding the=20
maximum scan range again. The bug with 600dpi after a preview scan is very=
=20
strange. I don't know wether I described it really hitting the spot or not.=
=20
The lights really don't move one single millimeter forward but you hear the=
=20
stepping motor working in intervals of approx. half a second or so.
This bug occurs in 8 and 16 bit at 600 dpi.
Now to the files I created for you:
1. sample 600dpi/16bit scan: http://www.night-wulf.de/distort.jpg
2. log files: http://sane_genesys_logs.tar.gz

Hope this helps.