[sane-devel] new backend release? -> GL841?

Greg greg@furmanek.net
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:10:59 -0700

--------------060209090305010301050106

Hi everyone,

I am new on to the list so please forgive me if I am not up to date on
all the development.
I have looked through the archives a bit and read the docs.

I used to use sane with my Umax scanner, however the durn thing does not
like me
anymore and I think it will soon make it's way to the garbage.

The new scanner LiDE500F does not seem to be supported with the currently
released backends.  From the docs I have read it appears the support for
gl841
should be part of the genesys backend.

Now my questions:
1. What is the current status of the driver?
2. Is anyone working on the 841 chipset support?
3. What is a good reference (besides the existing genesys source code)
to help
    with the driver implementation?

Sincerely

Greg

Grzegorz V. Furmanek
e-mail   : greg(at)furmanek.net
web site : http://www.furmanek.net

Werner Macho wrote:

>hi
>

>>Once the the genesys backend is included it's indeed time for the next
>>sane-backends release.
>>

>will there also be support for the gl841 as used in some Canon LiDE
>scanners?
>As i do not programm i'm willing to do any support work i can do to make
>this scanner work with sane (test scans, protocol sniffing e.g.)
>I got a LiDE35 here. Running WindowsXP and gentoo .. so give me anything
>i can do and i'll do it (except hardcore programming which i
>unfortunately never learned... bnut if anyone is willing to teach me
>some things i can do later on alone..)
>
>greets
>
>werner

--------------060209090305010301050106

<head>
Type">
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi everyone,<br>
I am new on to the list so please forgive me if I am not up to date on
all the development.<br>
I have looked through the archives a bit and read the docs.=A0 <br>
I used to use sane with my Umax scanner, however the durn thing does
not like me<br>
anymore and I think it will soon make it's way to the garbage.=A0 <br>
The new scanner LiDE500F does not seem to be supported with the
currently <br>
released backends.=A0 From the docs I have read it appears the support
for gl841 <br>
should be part of the genesys backend.=A0 <br>
Now my questions:<br>
1. What is the current status of the driver?<br>
2. Is anyone working on the 841 chipset support?<br>
3. What is a good reference (besides the existing genesys source code)
to help<br>
=A0=A0=A0 with the driver implementation?<br>
Sincerely<br>
Greg<br>
<pre class=3D"moz-signature" cols=3D"1000">Grzegorz V. Furmanek
e-mail   : greg(at)furmanek.net
web site : <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href=3D"http://www.furmanek.net">http://www.furmanek.net</a>
</pre>
Werner Macho wrote:
 type=3D"cite">
  <pre wrap=3D"">hi
  </pre>
    <pre wrap=3D"">Once the the genesys backend is included it's indeed t=
ime for the next
sane-backends release.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=3D""><!---->