[sane-devel] Batch Scanning.

Brad Barnett lists@L8R.net
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 10:40:15 -0400

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:26:33 -0700
Tyler Hardison <tyler@bayfed.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> We're using sane for batch scanning and hit an interesting scenario.
> There is a pause sometimes between sheets on the ADF. (Fujitsu 4097).
>=20
> What I've been able to determine is that not all the doc sizes are the
> same, some are as long as 23" So to overcome this I made the default
> size the longest doc being scanned.
>=20
> This means that sane is waiting for 23" of data to come through right?
>=20
> So my next question is, can scanadf be told to move to the next sheet
> when no more data is present? Or is there a signal that the scanner send
> to indicate the end of the sheet?
>=20

=46rom specs of this scanner:

Automatic Length Detection
The 4097D automatically detects the end of a document as it passes through
the paper path. Perfect for eliminating the extra white space when
scanning mixed length batches of documents.

By the way, this is a nice scanner.. and I see them used on ebay for $3000
CDN ;)  You know, if you really just want a beer, I'd be willing to trade
for this scanner :D