[sane-devel] Nikon LS50

Giuseppe Sacco giuseppe at eppesuigoccas.homedns.org
Tue Nov 1 21:02:42 UTC 2005

Il giorno gio, 27/10/2005 alle 17.58 +0200, Ariel Garcia ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> here is the patch for adding support for the Nikon LS50/LS5000.
> It applies on top of the backends/coolscan2.c  file of  sane-1.0.16
[...]

I made some tests with a color negative film, a b&w negative film and a
color positive slide. Everyone of them seems to be working but I always
see the color negative film scan as the only color scanned is red. Other
colors seems to be missing, but if I save the color negative film scan
in TIFF format, then I see this tiffinfo output:

TIFF Directory at offset 0x8
  Subfile Type: (0 = 0x0)
  Image Width: 789 Image Length: 1191
  Resolution: 800, 800 pixels/inch
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: None
  Photometric Interpretation: RGB color
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 3
  Rows/Strip: 1191
  Min Sample Value: 0
  Max Sample Value: 255
  Planar Configuration: single image plane

Does the samples/pixel value indicate that I have three different
bitplanes (red, green, blue) in this file? Do I have to think that gimp
only show one of them? (gimp show the image as red only)

When I scan the slide (color positive film in a frame), the scan is
perfect.

Bye,
Giuseppe