[sane-devel] HP scanjet 3770 only scans small area

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Nov 13 14:01:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 08:07:00PM +0000, Sveinn Svavarsson wrote:
> Hello I have a HP scanjet and I used the backend from cyberbaladeur.fr
> and the scanner works almost fine but it only scans a small area about
> 145mm X 200mm instead of 220mm X 300mm which I would have expected it to be.
> I'm wondering is there a config file or something that needs to be fixed
> or could it be a bug in the backend. and preferably if somebody nows a
> workaround for this.
> It doesn matter wether I use xsane or scanimage the image is just as
> small. and the preview is just as small its' like the scanner thinks
> its' only this small

As mentioned in previous answers to questions about the 3770 and 8200
backends, it's binary-only code made by HP which is not related to the
sane-backends distribution. The chance that someone on this list can
give any support is therefore quite low.

I guess I'll mention this in the scanner lists somehow.