[sane-devel] Canoscan LiDE 25 detected by find-scanner, not scanimage

Chris sane at geekpages.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 15:26:10 UTC 2005

Gerhard,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I remember originally the dev
files for libusb were not installed on Ubuntu.  This meant that
sane-find-scanner didn't find any devices.  I realised this was the
problem, installed the dev files, redid the ./configure and forced it
to re-make everything.  This is where I was at when I got the output
in my original email.

> Are you sure, that the USB subsystem has been setup correctly?

I'm afraid I'm still pretty new to linux so I'm not sure how to answer
this definitively. I do know that USB pen drives and such work fine on
the machine and when I do 'lsusb' with the Canoscan attached it is
listed as an attached device.

The output of 'sane-config --libs' is as follows:

-lsane -lusb -lpthread -lm  -ldl

So I seem to be missing

-ljpeg -lieee1284 -lgphoto2 -lgphoto2_port and -lresmgr

Do you think this is the cause of the problem?  If so am I right in
guessing that I need to find and install some more dev files and re-do
the ./configure & make?

Thanks again!
Chris :)