[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker 5800

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sat Oct 15 12:18:56 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 08:16:09AM +0800, csj wrote:
> The note about the Microtek ScanMaker 5800 on
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/microtek-scanmaker-5800.html
>
> seems clear enough. But has the "unsupported" status changed?

If it had changed, I would have changed the unsupported page also (an
the status).

> A search of the mailing list archive with keywords "Microtek
> 5800" didn't turn up any results. I'm interested in the status of
> the ScanMaker 5800 support after I read through the list of
> scanners in "libsane.db" of Debian's sane version 1.0.16-4
> (unstable). Is the file really a list of "USB Vendor/Product IDs
> for scanners supported by SANE" or just a list of scanners that
> hotplug recognizes?

It is a list of scanners. Or even more broad, it is a list of devices
which are capable of transmitting images to the host and which
theoretically could be supported by SANE. So being listed there
doesn't mean "supported by SANE".