{ SPAM 1 }::Re: [sane-devel] Getting Clever CAM 360 IS NOW WORKING PARTIALLY - running gphoto2 version 2.1.6

kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu
Fri Sep 16 18:59:29 UTC 2005

------------------------------
Marcus,

IIRC camlibs/polaroid is yours.

Theodore Kilgore
-------------------------------

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Martin wrote:

> It appears to be at least talking with the camera now.

Great.

> I replaced the 2 AAA batteries in the camera and now it is being detected by
> gphoto2 - cool stuff.

Ah, so. That was the problem, then? And all of us genius developers were
sending you hunting for library dependencies and the ld.so configuration
file, or was that part of the problem, too? Actually, I was wondering when
the day comes that some distro gets the bright idea of leaving
/usr/local/bin off the executable path, and/or leaves /usr/local/lib off
the library path, on the grounds that "nobody" puts things in the place
where, historically, _all_ locally installed libraries and executables are
supposed to be placed. It may have happened ...

> But the actual files when I use Gimp to view them are very under exposed.
> Is there something else in gphoto2 that will increase the brightness in the
> acquired pictures?

Well, yes and no. It would probably have something to do with the support
library for the particular camera, though, and IIRC we had a camera which
was unknown to us. And since this camera _seemed_ to resemble some other
cameras which were already supported, someone (me) suggested to do some
cut-and-paste in a certain support library and see if anything at all
came out from the camera. Thus, the fact that you are actually getting
photos out of the camera which actually look something like what you took
a picture of is very good luck and means that there is a lot of work that
we do not need to do.