[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner and scanimage produces wrong / mistakable output

Jeff Shrowder shrowder at uniting.com.au
Wed Apr 5 20:27:57 UTC 2006

Martin Seekatz wrote:
> on my SuSE 10.0 linux box i have on different USB ports a "Reiner SCT"
> "cyberJack" smart card reader and, verry new, a Canon LiDE 500F
> scanner.
>
> The sane-find-scanner -v -v declares the smart card reader (Vendor Id:
> 0c4b,  Product Id: 0100), next to the Canon LiDE 500F ( Vendor Id:
> 04a9, Product Id: 221f), as scanner.
>
> The output of scanimage -L says that there is no scanner at all.
>
> MfG
> Martin

Martin,
I hit the same predicament a few weeks ago. There is no sane back-end
for the Canon LiDE 500F, hence sane-find-scanner can't find the machine.
I started sniffing around with SnoopPro on my win98/RedHat9 box and have
generated some logs but with Easter just about upon us I've been too
busy to spend any more time on the problem. Other commitments in the
next few weeks mean that I probably won't get back to it until June :-(
I'm no programmer so all I can do is offer help to others more competent
in this realm.

Jeff

--
Rev. Jeff Shrowder, Bendigo South Cluster, Uniting Church in Australia
http://thebillabong.info