[sane-devel] gimp error msg calling xsane

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Thu Apr 6 12:38:28 UTC 2006

Hi all,

On my Fedora Core 5 system, xsane 0.99 in standalone mode works fine
with my scanner; it also works fine from within gimp v2.2.10. But when I
launch it from within gimp v2.3.7, I get a peculiar error message:

 Failed to open device `gimp':
 Invalid argument

Thinking it was a gimp error, I filed a bug report in
bugzilla.gnome.org, but a gimp developer closed it with the comment:

------- Comment #1 from sven at gimp.org  2006-04-06 08:21 UTC -------
Please report this problem to the xsane developers. If it turns out that there
is indeed an incompatibility of the plug-in API, the xsane developers can file
a bug-report against gimp.

Can anyone here help me sort this problem out? Thanks.

--
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam