[sane-devel] m3091DCd question/plea

Skorous skorous at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 02:30:21 UTC 2006

I have recently picked up a Fujitsu M3091DCd but after compiling the newest
stable version of SANE the scanner doesn't work. I notice that the man page
specifically mentions Firmware BF21 and naturally mine says BM02. Can
anybody help me out with this. Can I up/down-grade my firmware somehow?
Should it make a difference? I mean BM comes after BF so it should work
better, right? < big grin >

Describing the behaviour: It's detected fine by the scsi card(s), scanadf
and scanimage both talk to the device fine, it feeds the piece of paper
right to where it _should_ start to scan, and then just writes image files
without actually feeds the page. Oh, and it activates the bulb.

If someone can point me in the right direction I'd be much obliged. I've got
a shiny new toy and I can't play with it!

Marty