[sane-devel] Live preview while scanning possible? (lide 60)

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Apr 18 11:57:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-04-18 08:51, Yuri Pozzi wrote:
> is possible to view the image creating while scanning on the lide 60
> driver?
> I've used Vuescan and does it, it would be very useful for my needs.

The preview itself is continuously updated (at least with the LiDe 50,
which I just tested). As far as i know no SANE frontend does the same
when doing a real scan.

>From the SANE api, this is possible as the scanned data is continuously
read by the frontend. So it's just that nobody has implemented that
feature yet.

> Another question, if I do B&W scans on sane they don't have much
> depth instead on Vuescan they have much more greys, is this fixed in
> the last version of sane?

I guess this is about gray mode (not lineart)?

With the Lide 50 it looks like this for me (xsane, no
gamma/brightness/contrast corrections):

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/gray.png

I.e. the darkest four blacks look the same. However, I have no
comparison how Windows or Vuescan does this.