[sane-devel] saned pnm-backend - glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast):

Michael Schwipps mam04baf at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Apr 18 12:42:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm writing a small client application and use saned.
The tests of the client use then pnm-backend.
There seems to be a bug in this backend.
If I open the first device pnm:0 it's ok. I can read all options of this
device.
Then I try to open pnm:1. The reply state is "device busy" - also ok
for me.
If I now reread the options of pnm:0 there is a error (see subject line).
I can get some options, but always the next get-request after option 2
(filename) fails.  Maybe the reason is that option 2 is the only
String-option.

The installed version is sane-backend 1.0.17.

regards,

Michael