[sane-devel] Preparation for sane-backends release 1.0.18

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue Apr 18 16:26:36 UTC 2006

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

Hi,

> What's the status of the following external backends? Can they be
> included into sane-backends? Keep in mind that this gives you a much
> bigger audience and many more testers.

> geniusvp2

IIRC the "geniusvp2 doesn't release ppdev" problem is still there,
although I'd have to check the last reports. This is something I
patched already, but got a report months later telling the problem
reappeared. Haven't got around to check the status on that since then.

If someone can test & report, please do.

> hp_rts88xx

Has been running fine in libsane-extras for ages, no problems that I
know of.

It seems that hp_rts88xx supports the HP3500 scanners, and so does the
hp3500 backend. Is it the case ? (the hp3500 scanner is listed in the
comments at the top of the hp_rts88xx main source file)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169