[sane-devel] Preparation for sane-backends release 1.0.18

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Apr 20 11:08:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-04-18 18:26, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> > hp_rts88xx
>
> Has been running fine in libsane-extras for ages, no problems that I
> know of.
>
> It seems that hp_rts88xx supports the HP3500 scanners, and so does the
> hp3500 backend. Is it the case ? (the hp3500 scanner is listed in the
> comments at the top of the hp_rts88xx main source file)

The code really seems to be designed also for the HP3500 scanners.
However, the web site says, that they don'z work yet.

Johannes, can you comment on this topic? We habe now a backend
(hp3500) which works with these scanners. Can support in hp_rts88xx be
disabled?

Also, do you think your backend can go into SANE CVS for the next SANE
release?