[sane-devel] Preparation for sane-backends release 1.0.18

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Apr 20 11:38:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-04-19 11:31, Wittawat Yamwong wrote:
> The pixma backend in the current version is not ready to be included in
> sane-backends yet. Many things in the source code needs to be cleaned, e.g.
> naming convention for global symbols, license, coding style etc. I will look
> at the code and give you an definitive answer on this weekend.

There are still some weeks left so there is no need to make any
decision now. I just wanted to give a little warning before actuall
making the time table.

Also the main criteria for inclusion of a backend are that it does
something useful (status minimal is enough), that it doesn't destroy
hardware, that it doesn't harm any other backends, that it builds
without trouble and that it conforms to the rules in
doc/bsackend-writing.txt. A backend does not need to be perfect before
it's included :-)