[sane-devel] Backend driver for Canon CanoScan 4200f

Alfred Egger alfred.egger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 18:46:19 UTC 2006

Hello,

> Is there a tool for searching the Archives for info about scanner chips,
> etc.?

I also an owner of the 4200f and I searched for information of the Chips
inside this scanner a while ago. According to this site the chips are:

http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-4200f.html

chip 1
ESMT
M12L16161A-  7T
LNS1P43ZE  0503

This is the DRAM module used inside this scanner:
http://www.esmt.com.tw/DB/manager/upload/M12L16161A.pdf

chip 2
610800017919 D1
0521  TH07
XHHL7G0000GG

I didn't find anything about this chip.

chip 3
WM
WM8196SCDS
55AMPBX

This scanner uses a Wolfson Electronics WM8196SCDS chip as ADC.

http://www.wolfson.co.uk/products/digital_imaging/WM8196/

There is also a datasheet available:

http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/uploads/documents/8196.pdf

chip 4
ST E
L6219DS
9913M V6
MYS 99 507

This is the controller of the scanner motor:
http://www.allegromicro.com/datafile/6219.pdf

I also made some logfiles with USB-Snoopy with different settings inside
the scanner software, but I am not a real developer.

Maybe someone could integrate this information on the site I noticed above.

Alfred Egger