[sane-devel] Epson 3490 and Slide/Negative scaning.

Radek Rurarz photopiper at interia.pl
Tue Apr 25 22:43:38 UTC 2006

Hello,
I'm looking for a scaner (rather inexpensive one) that could scan
slides and negatives (mainly B&W) under linux.
Curently I have a Microtec 35t+ which is a dedicated film scaner, which
works quite nice with vuescan but has problems (at least with Advansys
SCSI controler and 2.4 kernels, will see how will it work on a 2.6
kernel and Adaptec controler) with sane.
But since I'm scaning mostly B&W negatives and the negative adapter is
broken.. I'm thinking about a new unit.

Epson 3490 is inexpensive scaner and is listed on the sane page as
beeing supported (as "good").
The question is.. does sane supporr olso slide/negative scaning, and
how good this scaner behaves under Linux...
Does anybody on the list had any experience with this scaner and
transparencie scaning?

My regards.

--
Radosław Rurarz